Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Whetting your hockey appetite

Hello everyone,

I hope you are enjoying your summer.

Although baseball season is in full swing, college hockey was on my mind yesterday (August 1) as I ventured up to Merrimack College to check in with Brad Davis, our SID, and Dean O'Keefe, our assistant AD and director of marketing. I had a chance to sit down as well with my color analyst on Merrimack hockey broadcasts, and we had a chance to discuss Merrimack hockey and college hockey in general. I'm not rushing the end of summer by any means (still a month of baseball left), but I feel a genuine sense of excitement as we head closer to the start of a new Merrimack hockey season.

I hope this interview whets your appetite for the hockey season. I will be beginning a new feature on this blog during the upcoming season... a broadcaster's corner, where I talk with the broadcasters of the other teams covering Hockey East prior to each Merrimack game, so stay tuned for that!

To access my interview with Mike, simply click this link:

http://www.archive.org/details/MikeMachnikPre-seasonInterviewMerrimackHockey2011-12

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment