Thursday, June 11, 2020

LEAHY MEDIA CONVERSION SERVICE IS RE-OPENING!

I hope this note finds you all safe and well as we continue to navigate through the stormy waters known as COVID-19. There is so much uncertainty and anxiety in our world today, as we all know. In my own particular case, I am facing disruption to my normal routine of broadcasting sports, needless to say, which is my primary source of income throughout the year. My 2020 baseball season is in great peril and I am facing potentially my first summer off since 2004. Nothing has been formally decided yet, but should it happen,  this is not something I am looking forward to (I will touch on that in a separate post) - and I definitely am challenged by down time. With that being said, I am now forced to think outside the box and get creative on ways to generate income in the hopes that I can at least stay afloat until college hockey starts again (and again, there are no guarantees that the 2020-21 season will start on time in October).

I am looking for ideas to fill the void, and one of those ideas is to re-open my services of converting old media like VHS cassettes, audio cassettes, and mini-discs to more contemporary formats (DVD and CD). I have invested in the equipment that I believe will make me successful. In the past, I was forced to suspend the service due to the rigorous demands of my sports seasons, but now with the new time available I feel that I can re-dedicate myself to helping those that want to preserve their old audio and video collections.

The process involves transferring VHS tapes to DVD format, audio cassettes to CD and minidisc to MP3 format which would allow them to be burned to CD so that you can listen and watch on your computer and portable music players.

I'd like to invite anyone who is interested in transferring those memories to contact me. I have a brand new set of equipment waiting to be used. I've got the time to devote to it. This is one of hopefully several options that I will be setting up for myself. So if you have media you'd like to convert, please contact me at jleahybroadcaster@gmail.com. You can also find out more at www.johnrleahy.com.

Thank you and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment