Monday, February 22, 2010

Merrimack Hockey is Back On the Map

How exciting it is to be a part of the Merrimack hockey culture right now. We are witnessing some exciting hockey in North Andover, MA. Five years ago, when I took over as the voice of Merrimack hockey, the Warriors were a team in disarray. Mark Dennehy came in and has rebuilt this program into a contender. I think the most important thing Coach Dennehy has done is not only re-shape the culture of Merrimack hockey, but also he has created a new image for this hockey team. When you are a visiting team coming to Merrimack, you know you're in for a long hard battle. Merrimack has the best home record in the country, and that is no accident. No longer is Merrimack viewed as a pushover. They have earned respect around the league.

This team expects to win. Just competing is not enough anymore. Confidence and resiliency are the new watchwords around North Andover. Making the playoffs is the next logical step for this team, but just making it will not be satisfying enough. Merrimack, if they get there, will expect to win, whomever they play.

And I bring that same confidence to the booth. When I arrive at the arena I expect to have a good broadcast. I have crossed every t and dotted every i. The more prepared I am, the better my broadcast will be for my audience. They deserve the best, and I will always give my best.

There will be a stiff test tomorrow night at Boston College. I don't know what the outcome will be, but I can tell you this.... Merrimack will come to play for the full 60 minutes. After all, it's the new norm for Merrimack College hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment