Monday, February 22, 2010

An open letter to my Kalamazoo friends and the Kalamazoo Kings

Hello to all my friends in Western Michigan.

I am sure you all know by now that I am no longer the voice of your Kalamazoo Kings. It was a very sad day to decide to leave. I will miss Kalamazoo and the Kings more than you will ever know. Two offseasons ago, after the North Shore Spirit closed their doors for good, I needed a team to step up. The Kings did just that, and I will always be grateful to Joe Rosenhagen and Fran Riordan for bringing me in. It was a very special two years.

My decision to leave had nothing to do with the team, the fans, or my co-workers. All of you were great. I had heard rumors that the Kings were possibly going to scrap radio coverage for next year, and I inquired about it. The uncertainty of the radio situation forced me to look elsewhere. Consequently, I landed in Florence for 2010.

I don't know why the Kings wanted to change their radio approach from last year. It was a good model. We reached out to more fans last year than ever before with our video and audio broadcasts. It seemed like the way to go for this year too.

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you for your friendship and your support over the last two years. I will miss you all. Kalamazoo will always hold a special place in my heart. I am looking forward to coming back to town in mid- August with the Freedom.

Keep in touch K'zoo!

With warmest regards,

John Leahy

No comments:

Post a Comment