Sunday, May 29, 2011

And now something really important to talk about

On this Memorial Day weekend, I'd like to give thanks and praise to all the American heroes who have given their life to secure the freedoms we all enjoy. It is a debt that we will never be able to repay. My particular thoughts this weekend gravitate down to Cary, North Carolina, where my Uncle Mick, a former lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Marine Corps, and who passed away last October, lived.

Uncle Mick was the prominent military figure in my life... he was the embodiment of the Marines, through and through. Those who never served (like myself) will never truly understand and appreciate the enormous sacrifices that he and other military personnel gave.

Thanks to all our military today and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment