Sunday, May 8, 2022

Updates and Keeping Things Fresh

 It has been a while since I have been blogging, and it is good to be back. I have had some big time life challenges as of late and it has taken up virtually all of my energy and time. I went into some detail about those challenges recently on my podcast, so that will give it plenty of perspective and detail. 

Speaking of the podcast, that is the subject of this blog post. As challenging as these times have been, I have also used this time to get very deep into the world of podcasting. I thought I would take this time to share some updates about this exciting adventure I've been involved in. 

I've been podcasting for about a year and a half now and I'm enjoying it very much. I've had the chance to interview a lot of fascinating people. It's an evolving process. People have expressed to me that they really enjoy coming on the show. And I enjoy the process about learning about people and developing my listening skills, which is so important in my sister career of broadcasting. 

Anyhow, I have taken a few steps to increase awareness of the podcast. I now have a fully functioning website to showcase the podcast, which is named Airing It Out, Files From Leahy's Broadcast Booth. You can find it here. On the website, you can find a TON of cool features that I hope will keep my listeners engaged and involved. 

For example, on the podcast website itself you can leave me voice messages.... there is a purple microphone in the lower right hand corner of each page, which makes it simple to accomplish the task of leaving messages. It is also possible to leave a review of the show, in the form of a star rating as well as comments, at the bottom of the website under "reviews." 

All of the episodes I have ever recorded are on the website. You can listen to any episode you want, and search for a past guest I've had on. Also included are YouTube videos I've done, pretty much a batch of songs I've done. I also have a blog on the website, and I've already done a few blog posts on there. There are also the listener links that the podcast can be heard on (Apple, Spotify, Google, and Castro) prominently displayed. 

There is also a contact form where you can reach out and get in touch with me. 

As time goes on I will undoubtedly have more features I'll be adding, such as video podcasts. Podpage, whom I used to create the website, does a phenomenal job with all its features and support. 

I invite you all to check out my podcast website and feel free to engage with it. And of course, this information has been updated on my personal website.  My home website has everything on there about my life and career. 

So thanks for your time and please leave me your feedback! 

No comments:

Post a Comment